Where I am

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

The theme park in the hotel Circus Curcus where I stayed in Las Vegas








Yesterday I left Las Vegas but not as smoothly as I had hoped. My car (a new Chevy Cobalt) had decided to give up after 4,000 miles and got a front puncture. So I started to change the wheel and had to jack the car at the front because I could get in at the side and to cut a long story short. The jack slipped and the car landed on it piercing the radiator (or something to do with the radiator) because next thing a load of water trickled out. What are the chances?! Luckily the car rental company had roadside assistance and sent a pick up truck out. Took me to there depot and gave me another car! Not as nice though, it's an older Kia but i was baxk on the road in under 2 hours. So if anyone wants to rent a car, I do recommend National, especially for their very low one way fees too.



I'm in San Diego now in a Motel 6 that is so close to the the bottom of the runway of the airport that it should be called 'Gate 6' not Motel 6. The place shakes when planes fly over and I'm sure there are tyre tread marks on the roof when the pilots haven't got their landing gear up fast enough! Even the fuel, luggage and stairs trucks use our car park until the next plane comes in! Just kidding! And to top it all off there is a train track right behind the hotel where the train drivers like to see if they can complete with the plane noise with their horns! It's all good fun though, who needs sleep anyway?!

Location:California St,San Diego,United States

1 comment:

  1. Quite a change from Circus Circus to Motel 6 at the end of the runway!
    Gerry's glad to hear you enjoyed the Chevy Cobalt.

    ReplyDelete