Where I am

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, July 5, 2010

More sightseeing

Got to LA late yesterday and decided to try hotwire.com for a hotel. It's a website where they don't tell you which hotel you are getting but tell you what area, star rating, amenities etc and you get it for cheaper. I was in a gambling mood so what the heck. Anyway, ended up with the Hilton by the airport for $59 plus tax! Went down to Santa Monica for the July 4th celebrations, got stung by the taxi fare there and even worse coming back. Was not impressed with the celebrations, it was like a ghost town to say what day it was. Met 2 girls from Ohio and had dinner with them, came out and the streets were empty. I think we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So this morning, I was a bit hungover and wanted to stay in the same hotel but only booked it for one night. I thought I could find it again on hotwire.com and get the same deal! Anyway, when I paid and found out my hotel name, it came back with Crown Plaza which is where I am now! Luckily it was only 5 mins walk away.

Had a great day today, went on a proper sightseeing tour where you go to the stars houses and down rodeo drive, Hollywood etc. Was really good. Tomorrow I'm thinking of going to Universal studios then San Francisco.




Don't know why everyone was hanging around my rental car! This Bugatti was parked on Rodeo Drive.








There's the Hollywood sign in there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment